08 July 2009

DAN AND ERIN IN PARIS



I did not take a lot of photos, but here are a couple from my phone.  I left the photography to Dan's fancy camera and his less-developed Lareau shakes.  Here, Dan gets a little revenge of Kate from the last time they were in Paris and she refused him the nutella crepe.  And Noé has a cotton candy the size of his torso!  (This caused about an hour and a half of manic behaviour, followed by nearly instantaneous sleepiness at the dinner table- so much so that Marc and I were forced to take turns carrying him home...)  After picking Dan and Erin up from the train station, we dropped their luggage by their hotel and proceeded to the Eiffel Tower.  I had planned that we walk the Seine down to Notre Dame, to see everything that lies between, but it began to rain, and so we all huddled into a cab.  The kids were terribly behaved, so when we arrived at Notre Dame to meet Marc and Iris, I was very much relieved for a little back-up.  Marc did a great job of taking the reins from there, showing a few secret things around the cathedral, and finding a great place for dinner.  I was pretty exhausted, I must say, but it was so nice to be with family that I wasn't bothered.  I was sad that Dan and Erin didn't have more time, as the next day I began a two-week vacation, so it would have been excellent for showing Paris, but I hope that they had enough of a taste to want to help organize a Lareau family trip for next summer.  Dan, please send the pictures from your camera!  I'll post them here, and hopefully more people other than Kate can be jealous enough to take a flight...

1 comment:

  1. we wish we could have stayed longer, too! it was great to see you and see a little bit of Paris. thanks to you and marc for the tour! we will try to get a family trip together for next summer. see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete