A few photos, first- as the Blogger formatting is quite mysterious to me:
uncle Nappy
my house is the one that is not pink
"what?"
sunset from the second tier of the Tower/my birthday
going out/my room
the living room
Frenchie McFrencherson
me and Noe´
I have landed in Paris, of all places. Not a place that would have been my first instinct to settle, but I have a job, which a lot of French people can’t say. My job consists of augmenting a very precocious 10 year old’s education, as well as helping him with personal development- finding what it is in the world that inspires him. So basically, I take him to school at 8.30, and do whatever I want until 17.30 when I pick him up again. Then, we do some homework, the Chief (the father) comes home, and we all have dinner. there are two older children as well- girls- but one is in boarding school, and the other is 15, so she does her own thing for the most part. I find the children to be relatively agreeable- Iris, the oldest, has many philosophical questions about the world she is finding, and is rather intelligent and careful, thoughtful, so we have great discussions. Lucie, the middle child (in boarding school) seems to be fun and funny, but I know her the least. NoĆ©, the boy, is bright but because of his talent, is quite temperamental. He can be a little gentleman or a total shit. I do not think that any of his previous teachers have been even more strong-willed than he is, so he has had some surprises when tantrums don’t work their usual magic. All in all, though, I find it humorous amidst very educational; these children all speak four languages- English, French, Russian, and Italian. So they have a lot to show me about the world as well. I think it is turning into being a rather symbiotic relationship.
Beyond my job, I am finding Paris to be quite interesting. My neighborhood lacks a bit in the sorts of oddities that might inspire me most (it is completely bourgeois, which in terms of terms, has all new meaning for me), but one does not ever have to venture too far here in Paris for such unknowns. I am beginning to believe that French people are crazy, however. Being of this decent, it adds to my own self-estimation; though I hate to generalize, many of them seem to have, well, issues. I could speculate upon their origin (and probably with a bit of accuracy, if I may say so myself), and may, at some point do so as it would make an interesting post. But for the present, I am trying to get this thing up to date; now that I have good internet, posts will be more frequent and varied in subject, rather than this boring overview stuff. Anyways, people are crazy, I suppose, so perhaps it is just a matter of experiencing for the first time the particular French brand of insanity. All I will say is that more logic ought to be taught in schools.
So, I turned 26 here in Paris. Seems good so far.
Oh mon dieu! C'est parfait. Je t'adore.
ReplyDeleteparfait? oh well.
ReplyDelete"All I will say is that more logic ought to be taught in schools." Hmmm...wonder if there's something to this? (But what would Georg say?)
ReplyDeleteBien sur!
"What?" -good one.
ReplyDeletei'll get a real "what?" photo soon- but that has to do for now since it includes the dog.
ReplyDelete