
Today I braved the frigidity to find myself a giant puffy vest. This sort of item would not usually be found in my closet, especially because they have the tendency to make very small people look much puffier than they actually are; almost, even, as puffy as the morning after a night of very heavy drinking. I decided that I needed a giant puffy vest because I am now more afraid of the temperature in Hamburg that I previously had the imagination for, and because puffy vest works better for athletic activities than puffy coat. So rachel went with me, and we finally found an acceptable puffy vest in the men's department. (all the women's ones were like pink or shiny or something equally weird.) I will be a red puffer.
I think that pufficity will be useful not only to battle the cold, but also because it is important to go off with a bang. See Mr. Webster:
puffy
Main Entry:
puff
Function:
noun
Date:
13th century
1 a: an act or instance of puffing : whiff b: a slight explosive sound accompanying a puff c: a perceptible cloud or aura emitted in a puff d: draw 1a
2: a light round hollow pastry
3 a: a slight swelling : protuberance b: a fluffy mass: as (1): pouf 2 (2): a small fluffy pad for applying cosmetic powder (3): a soft loose roll of hair (4): a quilted bed covering
4: a commendatory or promotional notice or review
5: an enlarged region of a chromosome that is associated with intensely active genes involved in RNA synthesis
Also, for some reason, I really like the idea that my chromosomes might be enlarged right now.
Too bad you can't get one of those vests that actually IS a "light round hollow pastry." Then YOU could be the delicious filling!
ReplyDeleteThat oughta drive the Germans crazy.
I also want to report that the "word verification" that was required for my comment above was "pouter"... which is ever so appropos.
ReplyDeleteI hate, hate, HATE the word verification thing. Take that sh*t off your blog immediately.
ok, how do i do that? im new to this whole internet thing. dont expect much in terms of my formatting either- i can hardly type with correct capitalization. or spell. one who did not know me would rationally assume i have no education.
ReplyDeleteWhen you login to Blogger, go under "Settings" for your blog, and I think there will be a tab labeled "Comments." If you scroll down, there will be an option somewhere that asks you if you want "word verification" for comments. Select "no"... obviously.
ReplyDeleteSorry I didn't call you back last night, but when I got home I left my phone in my coat pocket and didn't hear it.